FISH TACO RICE BOWLS
FISH TACO RICE BOWLS with avocado & pickled onions, topped with a Cilantro Lime Dressing! The perfect 30 minute meal to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1201
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 30g
Monounsaturated Fat 86g
Total Carbohydrates 254g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1.25lbs. mahi mahi, skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 avocados, mash
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups purple cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup of sliced jicama
- 1 cup diced roma tomatoes
- Picked Onions
- 1 tablespoon red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- pinch of ground cumin
- Add water and rice to a microwave safe bowl and cover. Cook in microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes. Let sit to cool and then fluff with a fork.
- In a small bowl, add chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Stir to mix.
- Pat the fish dry and rub spice blend on both sides of the fish.
- Heat large skillet to medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of canola oil to the pan, then gently place prepared fish in pan. Sear on both sides for 4-5 minutes. Remove from pan and let rest.
- To a food processor add red onion, garlic clove, fresh cilantro, 1/4 cup of canola oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cumin. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add mashed avocado and 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Season with salt to taste. Stir everything together.
- Assemble the bowls: add 1/2 cup of rice, one filet of fish, a generous scoop of avocado mash, 1/2 cup purple cabbage, 1/4 cup of sliced jicama, 1/4 cup of diced tomato. Drizzle with dressing mixture and serve!
Adapted from Joyful Healthy Eats
Custom Kinetics http://customkinetics.com/