Healthy Veggie Loaded Minestrone Soup
This veggie-loaded minestrone soup is hearty, healthy and inspired by a successful weight-loss program's most popular soup
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 14
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 60g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 C veggie broth (1 32oz container)
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 C water
- Chopped veggies (I usually use a variation of the following: carrots, squash, zucchini, celery, frozen peas, a big handful of kale, etc.)
- 8 basil leaves (optional), chopped
- 1 can kidney beans
- 3 C (cooked) whole wheat pasta
- Cracked pepper
- Take a big pot (mine is 5 quarts) and place it on the stove.
- Pour in 1 15oz can tomato sauce, an entire container (~4 cups) of veggie broth (I used Nature’s Promise), and 1/2 C of water. Turn heat to medium high.
- Chop veggies and add them in. Bring mixture to a simmer. Toss in the chopped fresh basil leaves, 1 can drained and rinsed kidney beans, and 3 cups whole wheat pasta, and top with some cracked pepper.
- Let mixture warm (you don’t want to overcook the veggies!) and enjoy! 🙂
Adapted from Fannetastic Food
Custom Kinetics http://customkinetics.com/