Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 290
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
Monounsaturated Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrates 37g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- OR THE COOKIES
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 egg, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup DIY vegan chocolate chips
- FOR A PALEO VANILLA FROSTING
- 1/2 cup palm shortening
- ~3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 vanilla bean
- FOR A BUTTER CREAM VANILLA FROSTING
- 1 cup softened butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, the paste
- FOR THE COOKIES
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, mix until combined (should be very doughy!).
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons per cookie. Roll in the palm of your hand to create a ball, then flatten into a cookie shape. Place on baking sheet. Repeat.
- Bake cookies at 350ºF for about 12-15 minutes. Then, let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- FOR THE FROSTING (BOTH OF THEM)
- Place all ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Then, using a hand mixer, whip for about 3-5 minutes until it is at desired consistency.
- Transfer frosting into a piping bag and pipe onto cookies using any tip you like! Sprinkle with crushed candy cane (not paleo)!
Adapted from Fit Foodie Finds
Custom Kinetics http://customkinetics.com/