Roasted Beet and Citrus Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
Savor the taste of Summer just a little bit longer with this farm fresh salad that is the perfect balance of savory and sweet – making every bite more interesting than the next. Healthy and super refreshing, our roasted beet and citrus salad mixes roasted golden and red beets, blood orange and valencia oranges, ruby red grapefruit, shaved fennel, pistachio crumble, and a mustard vinaigrette all on top of loads of mixed greens.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 96
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 22g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 small red beets, peeled and sliced into 6 wedges each
- 3 small golden beets, peeled
- 4-5 cups mixed greens
- 1 blood orange, peel removed and sliced into rounds
- 2 valencia oranges, peel removed and thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 ruby red grapefruit, peel removed and thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 fennel bulb, shaved
- 2-3 tablespoons pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Optional: 2-3 tablespoons microgreens
- 1 tablespoon dijon or honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil plus more for coating the beets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Toss the beets in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Place the beets on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast for about 45 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Let cool.
- Layer together the mixed greens, beets, orange and grapefruit slices, and shaved fennel.
- Whisk together the mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with pistachios and microgreens, and serve.
Adapted from Small Plates & Sweet Treats
Custom Kinetics http://customkinetics.com/