Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 24
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 20g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 large eggplant
- 4 Tbsp coconut aminos (or sub tamari, only slightly reduce as it's saltier)
- 1-2 Tbsp avocado oil (or other neutral oil for grilling)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or red pepper flake // omit for less spicy)
- FOR SERVING (optional)
- Fresh Parsley
- Garlic Dill Sauce (or Tahini)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Slice the eggplant into 1/4-inch rounds and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle the coconut aminos and half the oil over eggplant and use a brush or your hands to massage into the eggplant. The oil helps prevent sticking while grilling, and the coconut aminos infuses flavor.
- Add all the spices to a small dish and mix to combine. Then sprinkle over both sides of the eggplant and use your fingers to spread it around so it's well coated.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, brush the grill surface with a little oil to further prevent sticking. Then add eggplant. It can be helpful to place something heavy on top of the eggplant while it's grilling (like a cast-iron pan or heavy plate) to impress the eggplant into the grooves of the grill to make more pronounced grill marks. Grill on both sides for about 3 minutes or until the eggplant becomes a little tender and grill marks are pronounced.
- Plate the eggplant and enjoy as is or garnish with tahini, garlic dill sauce, fresh herbs, or a little olive oil. This is delicious on its own, but I especially enjoy it with hummus, in a Mediterranean-themed bowl, or in a salad.
- Best when fresh, though leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Reheat in a cast-iron pan over medium heat until hot.
Adapted from Minimalist Baker
Custom Kinetics http://customkinetics.com/