Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Pineapple Salad
A great choice instead of the traditional potato salad. The spices, pineapple, and Caribbean flavors provide the perfect complement to the naturally sweet yams. The combinations of spicy ginger, sweet fruit, and fresh herbs also balance out heavier foods like pork chops and short ribs.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 32
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 68g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into ½-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon lard or bacon fat, melted
- 4 cups diced pineapple, divided
- 1 ¼ teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1-inch chunk ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- On one baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes with lard and 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Spread 3 cups pineapple out onto second baking sheet
- Bake sweet potato and pineapple for 40 to 45 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly while you make the dressing
- For the Dressing-In a food processor, combine remaining 1 cup pineapple, ginger, remaining ¼ teaspoon sea salt, ginger, lime, and fish sauce until smooth
- Transfer sweet potatoes and pineapple to a serving bowl and toss with spicy pineapple dressing, cilantro, and chives.
- Serve warm or at room temperature
Adapted from Autoimmune Wellness
Custom Kinetics http://customkinetics.com/